Most homes have flimsy, uninspirational aluminum garage doors designed to easily fade into the background, not adding style or visual interest. But with the right type of garage door, you can add curb appeal, overall home value and improve daily efficiency. Replacing your home’s garage door also yields one of the highest home returns on investment — with most homes averaging over 85%.
Whether your home is more traditional, contemporary or a style all its own, there are ways to improve your garage door and let it stand out. Begin adding curb appeal for your garage door by starting with:
- Creating visual interest by including stylish elements like windows, relief patterns, vertical sightlines or barndoor style cross beams. Also, choose a standout material like wood, steel or mixed media for visual interest and complexity.
- Adding color to your door adds contrast and with Clopay® Garage Door’s latest designs, you can have simple doors that complement your home’s natural hues or choose custom paint colors, like bright red, to add variety.
- Accessorizing the hardware of your garage door with period-specific hardware like iron arrows or fleur-de-lis can subtly bring a pop of style. Consider also using natural elements to enhance the appearance of your door with topiaries planted on either side, ivy growth or elegant stonework.
- Bringing light with overhead or side fixtures makes your home appear welcoming to visitors as well as provide safety when it’s dark. You can also create a light design with patterned light fixtures along the garage and leading to the front door.
- Incorporating the style and finish of your garage door into your front door. You can balance the design features of your house by bringing elements of your garage door to your front door.
Choosing the Right Garage Door for Your Home
With today’s leading residential garage door manufacturer — Clopay — you have the largest selection of garage door designs and styles available. At AE Door & Window, we offer a wide range of Clopay doors with both traditional and contemporary looks that can easily be incorporated into your style, including the AVANTE™, GALLERY®, COACHMAN®, CANYON RIDGE®, RESERVE® WOOD and MODERN STEEL™ collections. These doors are all attractive, but which would work best for your home and design goals?
- Wood and Traditional: Offering a warm, welcoming and natural appearance, wood doors typically complement more historical-looking homes or houses with natural elements like stone, stucco and brick. Wood is incredibly durable — not denting or cracking over time — and is naturally resistant to moisture and pests.
- Contemporary: Visually daring and evoking simple tastes, contemporary doors make a bold statement and are available in several colors and can be lighter in appearance with the addition of windows.
- Custom: Custom wood doors can be sized to your garage’s specifications and designed to incorporate any design elements you desire. Clopay manufactures their doors by hand with gorgeous naturally fallen forestry and several stain and paint options. They also feature four or five-layer construction and added insulation to improve your home’s energy efficiency.
Visit the AE Door & Window Showroom Today!
With a new garage door, you can easily add curb appeal and visual interest to your home’s exterior. At AE Door & Window, we have a wide selection of the finest-quality traditional and contemporary Clopay garage doors. We have over 35 years providing services for residents located throughout Cincinnati and Eastgate, OH, and in northern Kentucky. If you’re ever unsure about which style of garage door best works for you, visit our showroom in Cincinnati, where one of our design experts can assist you. To learn more about our garage door installation services, complete our online contact form or call our Cincinnati location at 513-742-1984.